|For Windows user||For Mac user||FAQ||Question/Comment?|
(1) For support please either email us at info at knowledgenotebook.com or use the Question/Comment tab.
(2) The most important thing for you is the URL for the installed software program:
(3) You could drag this URL to the Dock so that you can launch it easily.
Installation(1) Close all programs before installation.
(2) Click on the KnowledgeNoteBook_g2v45trial.exe installer file and then click on Install.
(3) About 2 minutes into the installation the Knowledge NoteBook icon would be added to your desktop,
wait for another minute or two, the program is configuring...
(4) It then launches Knowledge NoteBook with a browser (Firefox or IE).
Firefox is THE primary browser that this program supports while it would work with IE7/8/9/10 to some degree.
Chrome is not supported with this program unless you use Firefox Extension Tab inside Chrome. We ask you to be flexible...
We do not intend to dictate on your browser choice. However, IE 7/8 is not a modern browser, even IE9/10 is unable to support some of the advanced technologies we use with Knowledge NoteBook and with regard to Chrome, it does not support a core function of Knowledge NoteBook, hence, it's not a supported browser at this point of time. So, once again, please use Firefox for Knowledge NoteBook.
Browser ConfigurationFirefox has a feature that would automatically mark the browser offline (File -> Work Offline (checked). But this could cause a problem for Knowledge NoteBook. We don't want the Work Offline checked.
And here's how we can fix it:
At Firefox URL address space, type, "about:config", click on "I'll be careful, I promise!" button, scroll down to look for "browser.offline-apps.notify", you would see "true" in the Value column, right click, it brings up a menu, select Toggle to set the value to "false".
Issue ResolutionsProblem: you don't see a Knowledge NoteBook desktop icon after installation
Launch the following URL, http://127.0.0.1:8600/knb2/index.cfm?more=1
Problem: if the screen appears blank like the following, hit the Refresh/Reload button.
If this problem happens often please ALERT us (info at knowledgenotebook.com), something is very wrong (It could be that your computer has been hacked ... it could be that the software has been hacked or ...)
Problem: during installation your receive an error message which may look like "Windows cannot..."
Do one of the following two things:
a) Did you use the default installation path? If not, try install again and use the default C:\Program Files path.
b) Check the downloaded file size. Is it 103MB for the Standard Version or 113MB for the Student Version? If not yours might be corrupted during download.
Download it again use a faster Internet connection.
If you still encounter a problem contact us via the Contact form for support.
Problem: if you get yourself into a situation where you are unable to add a (new) note, simply launching URL,
http://127.0.0.1:8600/knb2/fancyNote.cfm would resolve it .
This is a technical document about configuring your browser to work with Knowledge NoteBook properly and an intro about the software. It may not be as sexy as you but a must read (check out :).
Online / Offline
First, this software program is a web app that runs on your local computer, hence, it can work either offline or online.
The IE browser and Firefox browser has some differences in execution and rendering of web content.
Firefox is THE primary browser that this program supports while it would work with IE7/8/9/10 as well to some degree.
Set cache to "Every time I visit the webpage" for IE. Here's how to do it:
- (a) Tools
- (b) Internet Options
- (c) General -> Settings (Browsing History Section)
- (d) Check "Every time I visit the webpage" entry
- (e) Click OK
Here's how to configure it properly:
- (a) Type about:config at the URL box and proceed
- (b) Look for browser.cache.check_doc_frequency and modify its value from 3 to 1 (right click)
Script Handlinig (IE) (Very Important!)
Disable script debugging for IE. Here's how to do it:
- (a) Tools
- (b) Internet Options
- (c) Advanced -> Browsing
- (d) Check the two "Disable script debugging" entries.
- (e) Uncheck the "Display a notification about every script error" entry.
- (f) Click Apply
- (g) Click OK
Knowledge NoteBook Software Architecture:
1. Web server + Web Programming Engine. The web server is Resin and the web programming engine is called Railo from Railo Technologies in Switzerland. Both are open source.
2. Data Storage: Microsoft Access.
3. Knowledge NoteBook Application Core is written in Cold Fusion Language. (1MB)
- Knowledge NoteBook comes with an MS Access database
(but you don't need a copy of Access installed already).
- Very Important Information
- For Knowledge NoteBook for Windows:
- The program's starting point is URL: http://127.0.0.1:8600/knb2/
- For Knowledge NoteBook for Mac:
- The program's starting point is URL: http://127.0.0.1:8888/knb/
- Important Information
- 127.0.0.1 denotes your own computer and that tells you can use this software program even without connected to the Internet.
Rare Issue A
If you see a blue frame of Knowledge NoteBook but nothing inside, even after more than 1 or 2 minutes it still hangs and then you reboot your computer the same issue remains...Contact us via the Contact form.
Rare Issue B
Error during installation:
Error code: 4444 reg. Solution:
Launch the following URL with Firefox, http://127.0.0.1:8600/KNB2/verifyAccessDB.cfm?requestTimeout=130
If it fails to resolve the issue please Contact us via the Contact form.
The above action configures the system and brings up the main screen of the program.
Cause of problem:
We suspect excessive delay caused by some antivirus program on your computer.
Uninstall the Knowledge NoteBook (for Windows)
Go to C:\Program Files\Railo folder,
Click on railo-uninstall.exe file to start the uninstallation process.
But be mindful if you have quite a lot of notes already. Uninstallation would wipe them all out.