|Click here for Windows user||Click here or Mac user|
info at knowledgenotebook dot com.
(1) For support please email us at info at knowledgenotebook.com.
(2) The most important thing for you is the URL for the installed software program:
Installation(1) Close all programs before installation.
(2) Click on the KnowledgeNoteBook_g2v60p.exe installer file and then click on Install.
(3) About 2 minutes into the installation the Knowledge NoteBook icon would be added to your desktop,
wait for another minute or two, the program is configuring...
(4) It then launches Knowledge NoteBook with a browser (Chrome or Firefox or IE).
Supported Browsers:Knowledge NoteBook supports all Gecko compliant modern browsers.
It works well with Chrome 31. It works quite well with Firefox 21.
Microsoft IE 11 is promising.
Additional Browser Notes:1. With Firefox 21, one may see a blank screen when the Sketch function is initially loaded. Simply reload the problem goes away.
2. With Firefox 25 or newer version, Concept Mapping is not functional (due to its incompatibility with svgedit 2.5).
3. IE 11 is not 100% consistent with all the functionality of Knowledge NoteBook. But Microsoft has made huge progress of supporting Gecko now.
Notes about Firefox 21:
1) Here's its download URL... For US users, https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/21.0/win32/en-US/ For global users, https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/21.0/win32/ 2) During installation choose Custom option if you have a version of Firefox already installed and make sure to install it to another path/location otherwise choose Standard. In either case, upon installation go to Tools --> Options ->Advance --> Update: make sure "Automatic updates..." is not checked (so that this version of Firefox would stay put). No need to be concerned about security since you would only use Firefox 21 with Knowledge NoteBookNotes about IE:
The One Thing that you MUST be careful about IE (Very Important): Make sure that your IE's setting for cache is set to "Every time I visit the webpage". And here's how to do it: Tools --> Internet Options --> Browsing History -> Settings ->Check for newer versions of stored pages
Important Note:To switch to another browser, simply load URL: http://127.0.0.1:8600/knb2/ with your desired modern browser.
When none of the above solves your problem email us at info at knowledgenotebook dot com.
Uninstall:Be careful, uninstalling Knowledge NoteBook would wipe out all your notes!.
(1) Go to C:\Program Files\Railo folder.
(2) Click on the railo-uninstall.exe file.